At R.F. Moeller we have appraisers who have attained the equivalent of a doctorate in this profession, which is not the norm in the jewelry business. At their disposal is a fully accredited gem laboratory. Our state of the art expertise has been sought out by the FBI, the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the US customs office. Appraising jewelry is an extraordinarily complex procedure. Don’t entrust your jewelry to anyone shy of an expert.
How much will it cost?
- Costs start at $100 for a single item. Each additionally appraised item starting at $75.
- Appraisals by appointment start at $125 for the first item.
- The cost is adjusted based on the simplicity or complexity of the appraisals.
- Hourly pricing is available for large estates, or when many different items are involved.
What can be appraised?
- Everything from fine jewelry, to coins, silverware and even gold teeth.
How long will it take?
- On average, seven days. Large estates take longer.
Do all three RF Moeller stores handle appraisals?
Will you consider purchasing an appraised item?
We’re happy to look at items for an offer to buy that have been appraised by another jeweler.
What if the item is a diamond? Are you more inclined to buy that?
- Learn more about selling diamonds and diamond jewelry here.