R.F. Moeller Jeweler’s nationally renowned custom design department combines old world craftsmanship with extraordinary new technologies to create a masterpiece that is yours alone. Using state-of-the-art computer aided design (CAD) tools, our custom jewelry studio creates a three-dimensional image of your new design. You can preview it from all angles, and make any adjustments you would like before the actual jewelry creation process begins.
We produce a computer-generated model, so you can actually hold a facsimile of your design. Molten metal is injected into a mold created by burning out the model in a process called lost wax casting. We then remove the rough casting from the mold to prepare it for finishing. We polish the piece, set the stones, and give it a final polishing. Your masterpiece is complete!
How much will it cost?
- There’s no general pricing, only individual estimates
How long will it take?
- Usually one month
- Longer during a high volume season like the holidays
What all can you design?
- All common types of jewelry
- And more
How is it done?
- We use computer aided design (C.A.D.)
- But we work by hand as well
Am I involved in the process?
- You work with a sales associate and describe what you’re looking for
- You receive an in-person estimate
- An image is worked up giving you a visual sense of your new piece. Hand fabricated pieces may not be accompanied by an image as the model is created without the aid of a computer.
- A wax model is created giving you something tangible to hold
- A casting is created
- Your piece is finished